The typical term-time school week begins on a Sunday morning and ends on a Thursday afternoon. Fridays and Saturdays are weekend days off.
Please be aware that is the responsibility of parents to ensure their children arrive safely at the school grounds at the beginning of the school day and likewise are safely collected from the school grounds at the end of the day or after activities.
- The school day begins at 7:35am.
- The main gate is open from 7:00am.
- The nursery gate is open from 7:20am to 7:40am.
- Children brought into Early Years (Nursery & Reception) must be accompanied by a parent, recognised driver or nanny, or by a sibling of secondary age, until the teacher opens the classroom door at 7:35am.
- Key Stage 1 (Years 1 & 2) children should wait in the primary playground until the bell rings at 7:35am, at which time they should proceed to the outside door of their classroom.
- Key Stage 2 (Years 3 to 6) children should wait in the playground until the bell is rung at 7:35am, at which time they should line up in the playground.
- Secondary School students should wait in the playground until 7:35am at which time they should go directly to their form room.
- The school day ends at 1:45pm.
- The main gate is open from 1:20pm.
- The nursery gate opens from from 1:20pm to 1:45pm.
- Children in Early Years must be collected from the classroom by a parent, recognised driver or nanny, or by a sibling of secondary age.
- Key Stage 1 pupils should be collected from the classroom by a parent, recognised driver or nanny, or by an older sibling. However, if they are not collected promptly, they will be taken to the ‘Late Duty’ teacher on the steps in front of the primary entrance, from where they must then be collected.
- Key Stage 2 children should wait for collection either on the steps in front of the primary entrance, or inside the Nursery gate until it closes at 1:45pm at which time they should come to the steps in front of the primary entrance where they will wait under the supervision of the ‘Late Duty’ teacher.
- Secondary students should leave the school immediately at 1:45pm unless they are attending an after school activity. If, for any reason, students are unable to leave at 1:45pm, they must report to the supervised homework study room. Students attending a late activity (2:25pm – 3:25pm) must also report to the supervised homework study room.
If a child has to leave school before the end of the school day, the person collecting the child should:
- Provide ID to security at the main gate and receive a visitor’s pass.
- Report to the school office the reason for early collection.
- The Receptionist will arrange for the child to be brought to school office.
- Return to the school office so that office staff can sign the child out and provide an early leaver’s pass.
- Go to security at main gate, hand in the early leaver’s pass and visitor’s pass, receive ID and exit with child.
- Students should give a letter to the Form Tutor. The Form Tutor will sign and return the
- Student should then show the letter to the class teacher prior to leaving and report to the
- The letter is given to the school office and the office will provide an early leaver’s pass.
- The adult collecting the student must sign the student out at the office.
Our Nursery intake is staggered, with a specific starting date for each child at the beginning of the year, to allow each child enough time to settle.
Nursery school starting time is the same as for the rest of the school, with the doors opening at 7:40am. Nursery finishes at 12:00pm, when the Nursery side gate will be open until 12:15pm for collection.
Children with siblings attending Park House English School have the option to stay for naptime until 1:30pm.
Reception school starting time is the same as for the rest of the school, with the doors opening at 7:40am.
Reception finishes at 1:30pm, to allow time for children to be collected before their Primary siblings.