Key Stage 2 comprises four year groups: Year 3 (ages 7-8), Year 4 (ages 8-9), Year 5 (ages 9-10) and Year 6 (ages 10-11).
At Park House English School the curriculum is carefully planned to ensure that we:
- Provide a safe and simulating environment in which students can develop emotionally, creatively, physically and academically.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which:
- Acknowledges and builds upon what the students have already experienced and learned.
- Meets individual children’s needs.
- Enables learning in a familiar, purposeful and supportive environment.
- Teaches independence.
At Park House English School the curriculum is carefully planned to ensure that it is relevant to the backgrounds and experiences of our international student body. With the National Curriculum of England at its core, our Inquiry Based approach to delivering the curriculum incorporates the Learning Goals of the International Primary Curriculum and is designed to allow students to fulfill their potential and face the future with confidence. P.E., music and French or Arabic are all taught by specialist teachers. Extra curricular activities extend the opportunities for students even further.
Throughout the Key Stage, there is an emphasis on teachers and parents working in partnership to address the individual needs of each child and this is encouraged through the use of a home/school link book, regular meetings and an open door policy allowing parents to discuss with teachers any issue which may impact on their child’s learning. We actively encourage parents to be involved in their child’s education.