EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE
Our Early Years Foundation Stage comprises two year groups: Nursery (ages 3-4) and Reception (ages 4-5). Our nurturing staff members in Early Years strive to provide a bright, stimulating and exciting environment where everyone feels valued, secure and well cared for.
There are seven important and inter-connected areas of learning and development that shape our educational programmes in Early Years. Three areas are particularly important for building a foundation to ignite children’s curiosity, enthusiasm for learning, ability to form relationships and thrive. These prime areas are:
1. Communication and language
2. Physical development
3. Personal, social and emotional development
We also support children in four specific areas, through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied. The specific areas are:
2. Understanding the World
3. Expressive Arts and Design
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments with teaching and support from adults who respond to their individual interests and needs and help them to build their learning over time. Children benefit from a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- The importance of learning and development, and the recognition that children develop and learn at different rates.
Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
Nursery 2022/2023 Term 1 Curriculum
Nursery 2022/2023 Term 2 Curriculum
Reception 2022/2023 Term 1 Curriculum
Reception 2022/2023 Term 2 Curriculum
At Park House, we recognise that starting Nursery is a significant milestone in your child’s life. We also recognise that this is a big step for parents too. We provide a language-rich environment where the children are immersed in their learning. We work hard to follow your child’s interests, and through play, we begin to embed the school’s ethos and values including PRiDE. Through a wide range of learning experiences, your child will leave Nursery with the solid foundations needed to continue their educational journey.
Reception is one of the most important years of a child’s school life. It is here that firm foundations are laid to build a sense of emotional security and resilience. After their home, school is the next most important place for children.
The experiences we provide at school play a vital part in children’s lives, determining their academic, social, and possibly occupational futures. In Reception, we work hard to embed positive attitudes towards school and learning, in addition to setting the expectations for children’s behaviour and building a sound understanding of key concepts such as reading and numbers.