EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE
Our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) comprises two year groups: Nursery (ages 3-4) and Reception (ages 4-5). Our nurturing staff members in Early Years strive to provide a bright, stimulating and exciting environment where everyone feels valued, secure and well cared for.
There are seven important and inter-connected areas of learning and development that shape our educational programmes in Early Years. Three areas are particularly important for building a foundation to ignite children’s curiosity, enthusiasm for learning, and ability to form relationships and thrive. These prime areas are:
1. Communication and language
2. Physical development
3. Personal, social and emotional development
We also support children in four specific areas, through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied. The specific areas are:
2. Understanding the World
3. Expressive Arts and Design
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments with teaching and support from adults who respond to their individual interests and needs and help them to build their learning over time. Children benefit from a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- The importance of learning and development, and the recognition that children develop and learn at different rates.
EYFS Curriculum and Information
At Park House, we recognise that the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is a significant milestone in your child’s life. We believe in nurturing young minds through a dynamic and inclusive environment. Our Early Years team is dedicated to providing exceptional care and education to children in the crucial EYFS. Our provision offers a rich and stimulating curriculum, tailored to each child’s unique needs, interests, and abilities. With a focus on play-based learning, we foster creativity, curiosity, and a love for discovery. We also begin to embed the school’s ethos and values including PRiDE. Through our warm and supportive atmosphere, we create a solid foundation for every child’s educational journey, ensuring they thrive and reach their full potential.